March 9, 2018

Audo Book Review: Tiara on the Terrace by Kristen Kittscher



Title: Tiara on the Terrace
Author: Kristen Kittscher
Narrator: Amanda Philipson
Sophie Young and Grace Yang have been taking it easy ever since they solved the biggest crime Luna Vista had ever seen. But things might get interesting again now that everyone is gearing up for the 125th annual Winter Sun Festival—a town tradition that involves floats, a parade, and a Royal Court made up of local high school girls.

When Festival president Jim Steptoe turns up dead on the first day of parade preparations, the police blame a malfunctioning giant s'more feature on the campfire-themed float. But the two sleuths are convinced the mysterious death wasn't an accident.

Young and Yang must trade their high tops for high heels and infiltrate the Royal Court to solve the case. But if they fail, they might just be the next victims.
 



Growing up I loved a good solid mystery.  Ones like Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden or the Bobbsey Twins.  I'm sure there were more, but those are the ones I always remember.  Tiara on the Terrace fell solidly into that category.  It was a great little mystery that had me guessing the whole time! Yes I figure out a few small things BUT so many things I thought I knew just turned out to be wrong!  I loved that.  A few times I caught myself thinking "No way! I didn't see that coming!". I can't ask for much more in a book.  The book did offer more though.  I loved the friendship between the two girls and the growing pains it is facing.  I found it very realistic.  At that age kids do start liking different things that might not be the same as the best friend they've always had.  And it was handled so well.  Watching girls of this age go through similar things I complete bought into their friendship and what it goes through in the book.

Oh can I also say the book made me giggle a few times!  One of the other girls that is a Page in the royal court just made me giggle.  She's a tomboy but jumped right into all the girly things with gusto and humor.  LOVED HER!  

Thoughts for the library:  A resounding yes! It's a book I can recommend to so many kids, and it's my go-to book for those that love mysteries.

Thoughts on the audio book: As usual I had to get use to the female narrator, but once accustom to her voice she did a great job! 

Final Thought: Solid mystery. Great characters.  Fun read.  Now I need to read the first book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment