November 7, 2011

Cover Crush: Touched by Cyn Balog

I love book covers.  Love, love, LOVE them.  I've been known to drag my sister across Barnes and Noble just to show her a book cover.  Or to find students before school starts just to do the same.  You could say that yes, I develop a cover crush!

Today I'm Crushing On:



by Cyn Balog

Why I Like It?

Well first it has a boy on the cover! I just don't see it that often in YA.  
I also love the colors.  I think I'm drawn to covers that have shades of blue.  
Then I love how the things (for lack of a better word) flow out from him.  I wonder what comes off him - like what sort of ability or something - and is it bad?  They seem to stay with him as he's walking surrounding him, so I wonder if he controls them or if they control him.???
Just love it!

4 comments:

  1. That is an awesome cover. I'm curious too about what the magical power is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It definitely captures the attention. I have a hard time looking away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly Juju that's what I think - I can't look away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a "goose bumpy" cover, for sure. I love how it looks like something has spilled on it in certain places. I'd have to say that what intrigues me the most is the haunting, handwritten title. It's a perfect compliment to the art.

    ReplyDelete